Thursday, August 4, 2011

Girls Camp 2011


I was asked to attend Girls Camp! I was so excited. Our stake goes to Treasure Mountain, which is where I went as a kid. It was all so familiar and filled with memories. I was a tent mom for the 1st year girls. I had the easiest girls. It was one of the best experiences I have ever had.  

 Girls at campfire. During campfire things get pretty silly. Skits and games are played. Songs are sung as loudly as you can imagine. The girls got so much out of this time. It was a time to just have good fun.
 This was my group of girls.  They were called the Royal Runts. The theme this year was Quest for the Best so everything was bad around medieval times.
 We took the 1st year girls on a hike. It was the most beautiful hike ever. We hiked, had lunch then some of the girls swam! It was cold water!
 More of the hike...
One think that had changes is they now have yurt's. No more tents. It was nice. This is the one that some of us leaders slept in. The little stream flowed behind it.

1 comment:

Mary De Bastos said...

I LOVE GIRLS CAMP! Looks like you had a fab time!

Girls Camp here is a joke. It is 3 days, 2 nights and they ALL sleep in one big cabin. Someone cooks all their meals and they don't even do all the cert's in the book. They say they can just sign those things off they don't have time for. Um what?!?! If we have a girl, I'll be sending her to the States for Girls Camp!