Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Disneyland Withdrawals!

Our family was really lucky this past year to have Disneyland passes. They expire on April 28, 2009. Just thinking about it makes me sad. Frank and I have been budget crazy so we decided to not go one more time this year. I seriously have an ache in my heart. I think we just have such special memories as a family there and that's why I love going so much. When we were little my Grandpa Del used to take us quite often. He used to also take my mom when she was a little girl. Sadly our adventures will be over for a little while. Juli, Erik and my mom get to take Max next week for Erik's birthday. I wish I could go just to see Max see Disneyland for the first time. He is going to love it. I'm sure they will take pictures. I'm sure he will love it just as much as all the kids and grandkids do!

4 comments:

~Mary said...

the first and only time I've ever been to Disney World, I was 21 and I was in training getting ready to work for Disney Cruise Line. I spent 11 days there. I feel like I missed out on some kind of childhood memories....I was like a kid in a candy store when I went at 21!

Kelly said...

There's something special about being able to go there as a child. I wish every child had that...it makes all the difference in the world.

the mrazek family said...

Ahhh....I'm always jealous of your trips when you get to take the kids there. Now WE get to go! I'm so excited! I love that Mom gets to go with Max too. I remember one time walking into Disneyland with her (when she and I drove down to watch you perform there in high school). She looked at me with the largest grin and said, "Don't you just love the feeling you get walking up to the gate?" And I did. I love that she even wanted to be there with her snotty 15 year old. Every time I listen to Enya, I thnk of that trip. We got to stop and see Grandpa Del too!!! Made it even more special.

Ironic that Mom's initials are M.M.....M-i-c-k-e-y M-o-u-s-e!!!

Gma Mills said...

I remember that trip too. I still love the feeling of walking into Disneyland. Even if I am reintering the same day! I always thought of my initials representing my favorite candy, M&Ms. Mickey works for me too!