Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Let Christmas Begin!




This is the best time of year. I think the Christmas season starts with Black Friday. I must admit that I look forward to Black Friday, even more than Thanksgiving. On Thanksgiving night all the girls look at the ads, and put together our game plans. It's the best. This year Betty, Juli and I started the morning at about 4:30am. We started at Wal-Mart, then Target and then we hit the Mall. We used Betty's double stroller for our shopping cart. People kept peeking in to find the baby...no babies here! Just the mamma's on a mission!

Yesterday, the Festival of Trees, began in Vacaville. This is a fundraiser for the Opportunity House, which is the shelter for women and children. Businesses and groups decorate unbelievable trees, and people bid on them. They also sell donated treats and crafts. I worked the craft table in the morning. It's such a great event. It usually earns about $130,000.00.

Last night was Merriment on Main. Downtown Vacaville is closed off and we light the tree. Booths are set up all along the streets and serve treats and hot chocolate. Different group entertain along the streets as well. It's a fun night that gives us the small town feel of Vacaville. We really like living here. My Mom, Juli and Max went as well. Ater we all went to Juli's house for Hot Chocolate and watched Polar Express.

5 comments:

the mrazek family said...

I love this post . And I love that you make me sound so good. Hot Chocolate and Polar Express. what a good hostess...

...thatnks for keeping out the part where the boys hated the hot chocolate and polar express just happened to be on TV.

Yesterday was really fun. I'm all about the holiday now. Gooooo Christmas.

PJ and Me said...

Looks like you all had a great time...what fun to go shopping, hot chocolate and movies. I am so jealous you live so close to your sisters.

~Mary said...

I Love the Festival of Tree's! I volunteered there the Christmas I lived there!! I miss you guys!
Betty's double stroller cracked me up!

kjohnson said...

Hmmm, you're making me miss Vacaville. I particiated in my first Black Friday, it was crazy...and fun. Hope you all are doing well. The kids are getting way excited!

Melissa, Ryan and Addy said...

Looks like fun times! Black Friday is fun. Did you get the boy's jackets on your shopping trip? They look really cute in them.