Thursday, August 7, 2008

Summer Fun....School's Begun














Another Disneyland trip has come and gone. This one was special because we went with our friends, the Kaai's. We had 10 kids between the 2 families. It was crazy fun. We were there for the earthquake. The kids thought it was pretty cool, the adults did not. We were a little frazzled, but turned the day into fun even though the rides at Disneyland were closed for quite some time. Our next trip is planned for November, if not sooner. I love season passes.

School has started! Jordan is in 6th grade, Andrew is in 3rd, and Clay is in 1st. They all seem to like their teachers and classmates. I am happy to have just one left at home. Next year, they will all be in school. I think I will be a sad mommy.

Ally went home yesterday. It's been nice to have another girl in the house. She is so pretty, and has the longest legs I have ever seen. The boys enjoyed her. It was nice to have her here for so long. We got to see the interaction get comfortable enough to where they would even fight. I knew when that started that they were true siblings. We already miss her.




7 comments:

Wendi's Secrets To Life said...

Glad to see you had fun at Disneyland. I thought the earthquake was kinda fun at scary at the same time. Tell the boys I said hi and I miss them!! Hope you see you guys soon.

Mary Lenora De Bastos said...

Jordan is such a cutie! Those girls are gonna be all over him, ya better watch out!!
I'm glad you've had such a fun summer!!
Miss you!

Juli, Erik and Max said...

Sad mommy? I'll give you mine.

Trish said...

Oh~ I just love your family! You and Betty make Disneyland look so good. Whenever I'm home I can never do it. But season passes are the way to go, for sure.

The girls are already all over JOrdan, right? Probably all your boys... you're just going to have to get used to it. If YOUR girlfriends are smitten, the young female population at large is LOST!

We have two more weeks until school starts. Can you believe Jordan and Sarah are in 6th grade already?? Is Clay excited to be in first grade? Seth can't wait. He made me check out a chapter book from the library because he thinks that's what first graders do. I didn't see the title until I returned it... it was called Isle of the Dead. Crazy kid.

Drew isn't wearing glasses. Did he get contacts?

Glad you're all safe and sound and back at home.

Melissa, Ryan and Addy said...

Looks like a great time! Pretty freaky about the earthquake though. I'm glad you all made it home safe and sound. That is very odd that Jordan is in the 6th grade, he just doesn't seem old enough. Mostly, because I feel like I was in the 6th grade myself about 2 days ago! Weird! Someday we'll have to meet up with you guys at Disneyland and have some fun together. That would be good times!

kjohnson said...

Wow, could you please make your boys stop growing so fast! I can't believe how all grown up they look. I'm glad you had another fun trip to Disneyland. Enjoy the new school year and hope to talk to you soon!

PJ and Me said...

Wow, Kristen your family is growing way too fast. It was fun to see Ally. I hope you had fun at Disneyland. Pete was right there at the Marriot for gang school, Wendi, my sister and I were at the fabric store when the earthquake hit. Fun times!! See ya soon.