Monday, May 26, 2008

San Diego- Part 1











This trip was so great, that I need 3 posts. The first 3 days of the trip we spent doing company activities. Wednesday was a dinner right on the beach. Thursday was Franks big award ceremony. August Busch IV actually presented the awards. He came around the room and introduced himself to everyone. The lunch was amazing. It was the most beautiful room and setting I have ever seen. The food was even beautiful.

Our room was awesome. We had a living room, 2 bathrooms and a walk in closet. We had 2 queen beds that were totally comfortable. They also had a hospitality suite open for the employees the entire time that had drinks and snacks. It had a pool table, darts and big screen T.V. and music constantly playing. It was fun.




Thursday night we were ambassadors for Budweiser. I know this sounds funny to my mormon friends. Frank has worked for Budweiser for much longer than he has been a member of the church. It's a great job that allows me to stay home, so he isn't going anywhere. Anyway, we were sent on a huge scavenger hunt all over the Gas Lamp district in downtown San Diego. We ended up on the 20th floor of the Hard Rock Hotel. We had a huge dinner outdoors with the most unbelievable views. The night was fun and we got to know people from all over the U.S.



Friday we had our Spa Treatments. It started with Manicures and Pedicures. Frank did enjoy his manicure. Then we went to the Spa. It was the greatest spa I have ever been to. We had massages and paraffin wax treatments. I sat in the steam room, and then in the spa area with cucumbers and all. Friday night we had another dinner. Their were about 10 stations of different kinds of foods. Different activities were going on in each corner of the room.




This was the most perfect setting for such a great event. It was relaxing and exciting to be together as Frank received the President's Award. He worked hard for it.

5 comments:

Trish said...

Wow. Can I just say wow and leave it at that? No, apparently not. So, again, just WOW!

Kelly said...

Is the pic of Frank going to be the blackmail pic?

Gma Mills said...

Congrats to Frank for such a nice honor! I'm so glad you guys had a good time. You deserve a nice break like that. Faye and I enjoyed "back-to-school night" as visiting grandmas. My house seems especially quiet now. And even though I write this looking through pen marks on my monitor (Carter decided the mouse wasn't enough while playing Playhouse Disney), I miss them!

Fausett Family Facts said...

I am with Trish...WOW. I am glad you both had a great time.

Juli and Erik said...

Glad you guys had fun. Sounds like a true vacation. Congrats to Frank!