Friday, November 30, 2007

The Syrup Snatcher

Frank is on day shift and 3 of my kids are at school. Which leaves Carter and I for a fun day. Right? Wrong. I caught him in the living room with the syrup bottle. He was drinking it. Like, really turning the bottle upside down and guzzling it. Needless to say it was all over. Syrup. All over. So hard to clean up. I make him some waffles, yes with more syrup, and clean up. Then I put him in the bath. As I continue to clean up , Carter poops in the bath. Not a little, a LOT! So I take him out clean the bathtub, put him back in and re-wash him. As I am picking up the bathroom, he poured out a container of cereal. As I am sweeping up the cereal he emptied all the kids books from the bookshelf. I made him help me put them back. Then as I was making the beds I hear him in the kitchen. When I arrived he had a chair by the pantry and was reaching for more syrup. He is now watching T.V. Thank goodness for Nick Jr. Now we will see what he does as I attempt to shower.... I'll keep you posted. ( by the way I hid the syrup)

10 comments:

KAPELE KREW said...

Please remember as you read this that I have 3 more sons. Only 1 child caused all of this.

Juli and Erik said...

A few years ago I remember you sending an email about Andrew doing a similar thing lasting all day long. Clay, well, that's just daily. But now Carter, huh? Little devil.

Melissa and Ryan said...

That story seriously sounds like something out of the movies! That sounds like a really rough day and I'm sure that he did all these things in his quiet way, so you didn't know that any of it was happening!

Josh said...

That was INSANE!! You moms are the best, though, I gotta give it you. As I was reading your story I was easily transposing it to my day at work today and what account managers are like all day. Amazing parallels.

Glad Frank has the day shift! (I think?)

Oh yeah...HOW ABOUT THEM COWBOYS??? WOOHOO!!!! Say Hi to Frank for me :D

Josh

Kelly said...

How many days till kindergarten starts? This is when you should be glad this one son has a summer birthday, you can start him sooner. It's also another reason handcuffs were made, or duct tape, or strong rope.

Trish said...

Syrup and poop in the same blog?! That just never happens... or shouldn't ever happen. Holy cow. It's time for me to send you another Kit Kat Bar. At the very least, I agree with Kelly... tape, rope, straight jacket... Probably money well spent. Seriously, what is Heavenly Father preparing you for? Well, you've got my vote for Best Mom of All Boys.

The Stone Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Stone Family said...

Oh Kristen! What a story! What a day! I think that comes under the category of husband treating wife to a professional massage. Kudos to you. No other mom could handle it with such grace and still be able to laugh/cry at the same time. You are and will forever be amazing!

cherries4betty said...

Carter and Noah are the same kid! Wasn't that the day Noah decided to add soy baby formula to my crock pot of chili? Or make Macy a bottle...with 35 scoops of formula? What is with the formula. He must know it is $30 bucks a canister. Only the best for my little digger. Turd.

Bud, Shirley, and family said...

Hey Kristen, this is Robbin. Wendi and I laughed so hard when we read this. You are a Saint. I told Pete the other day I am not a good boy mom, I am glad I had a mellow little boy. I commend you, I guess God knows what we are capable of handling and you are one great woman. Love you guys!!