Thursday, September 20, 2007

Let the Clay and Carter stories begin...

I thought I was being a good mom by letting my kids paint. This is a very messy activity so it is limited in this house. They were having a great time and wanted to post their artwork around the house. I noticed Clay went outside to put some on the outside of the house. I let him knowing I could take them down later. Well, what I didn't see was the GLUE in his other hand. So he glued his artwork all over the garage, the awning posts, the mailbox and the wall. Not just drops of glue, globs of glue all over the place. So while I am scrubbing outside, Carter finds the glue bottles. They were high up on the counter, but I should have known that height never stops a little boy. He glued everything. Turned the bottle upside down and started squeezing. All over Andrew's dresser, the carpet, the backpacks, the fan, the frogs cage, the CD player, the vacuum, toys, shoes, clothes, you name it it was glued. I just finished the clean-up. So now I need to go see what kind of damage they did while I was writing this. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

The Stone Family said...

Oh Kristen! I think I was having little heart palputations while I was reading. File that one in the "Family Stories to tell potential daughter in laws". That might make them think twice about the kind of children they might have! I'm totally kidding! I'm sorry for you..truly I am! But that is Hilarious! Love ya!
Meredith
P.S. You're an amazing mom!

Kelly said...

Sooooo funny. So glad it's you and not me. Sorry! I still am laughing.

Melissa and Ryan said...

That is such a sad but funny story! I think you should write a book really!

Melissa and Ryan said...

By the way, you're welcome to leave comments on my blog and you too Kelly. (Hint, hint!) It seems like no one has been looking at it lately, either that or I'm just posting uninteresting stuff!

Trish said...

Oh my gosh... I think there's a rule in the universe somewhere that says that all of this kind of thing can't keep happening to the same person. I mean, I'm laughing, but I feel like you're the poster child for Kit Kat. "Give me a break, give me a break, break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar!" But seriously, Kristen, you brightened my day with this post. :)